AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why new drone owners don't know the rules
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 1/22/2016 13:53 (#5055710 - in reply to #5055629)
Subject: RE:Speaking of rules . . . commercial farming vs hobby/recreational use

Southeast Wyoming

Old&Ugly - 1/22/2016 12:15 See link below. Rumor has it that the FAA monitors YouTube videos for night videos in the U.S. Keep in mind FAA only has Drone jurisdiction in U.S. Other countries set up their own regulations - some allow night flight https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/rulemaking/media/021515_sUA... The above link shows PROPOSED rule making

Yes, thank you for the link, BUT that appears only to be the Proposed rules from back in February of 2015.  If those are the rules in place then certainly anyone who has not undergone/passed the knowledge test and vetting process cannot be legally flying today, let alone tonight. 

I have searched for this "Part 107" and have not found anything except links to the proposal, nothing about the actual rules.  Please direct me to the actual rules, not the rumor.

The best official guidelines which I have found are those which I have linked, which appear to indicate that if you take pictures to make decisions on crops which you are growing to be sold, then you are not a hobby/recreational user.  As such you must ask for the Rule 333 exemption which could be very much more expensive than passing a knowledge test and being vetted.

Please help me to understand why that is not the case.

It seems there may have been a lot of misinformed opinions given here in the name of "I know all the rules, trust me" which may have influenced a lot of decisions to purchase drones for something which will be very expensive to do legally.  That is why I request and suggest specific links, not just hearsay and gossip.

Edited by Gary Lyon 1/22/2016 13:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)