AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why new drone owners don't know the rules
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 1/22/2016 15:14 (#5055848 - in reply to #5055791)
Subject: RE:Copied from a 333

Southeast Wyoming

dronedude - 1/22/2016 13:37

This is copied from a 333...

C. Flight Planning Requirements.
This COA will allow small UAS (55 pounds or less) operations during daytime VFR conditions under the following conditions and limitations:
1. At or below 200 feet AGL; and
2. Beyond the following distances from the airport reference point (ARP) of a public use airport, heliport, gliderport, or seaport listed in the Airport/Facility Directory, Alaska Supplement, or Pacific Chart Supplement of the U.S. Government Flight Information Publications.
a) 5 nautical miles (NM) from an airport having an operational control tower; or
b) 3 NM from an airport having a published instrument flight procedure, but not having an operational control tower; or
c) 2 NM from an airport not having a published instrument flight procedure or an operational control tower; or
d) 2 NM from a heliport, gliderport or seaport

So if you don't file a 333, can you fly at night? ;)

Apparently so, and you do not have to follow those conditions and limitations.   lol   

Seriously, though you still did not provide a link so that what you copy/paste can be put into the proper context.

I briefly read through the pdf file linked below, it appears that your info maybe in reference to public and civil "small" UAS's, not Model Aircraft (Hobbist) . . . if, in fact, that is what we can qualify as.

https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Notice/N_JO_7210.889_Unmanned_Aircraft_Operations_in_the_NAS.pdf 

BTW that is an Air Traffic Organization Policy document dated October 27, 2015. I am not sure what the significance of that is, guys such as Ron may know.  He is a known and trusted source of information regarding air traffic, though much of this is new to all of us.

I believe the distinction as to whether we are hobbyists or commercial is far more important than whether or not we can fly at night.  I hope that can be addressed as the weather warms . . . no, not in a political sense.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)