AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone Deploy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

potentialag
Posted 2/12/2016 10:43 (#5106427 - in reply to #5106069)
Subject: RE: Drone Deploy Video

Dwight IL
Gary.....Ok, so let me address this too: and Ill even include the posts you are stating word for word.

1. "Thank You Old&Ugly. We are here for our customers, and I personally am "education first and sales second" with everything I sell, weather it be seed, Precision Planting, 360, or Flying Ag Drones."

Yes, I clearly stated (and have always been up front and honest about the fact) that I am a dealer in general conversation. I like it when people are upfront, honest and clear with me so I treat others the same way. You'll notice that I didn't say BUY FROM ME, or anything of the like. It was general conversation. No coaching, no "hey look at me" nothing of the like and I wasnt asking for any sales. It was just general convo. Speaking of I wasnt the first one to mention Flying Ag in that post either which means this quote was taken totally out of context.

2. You claim that i was correcting a price quote by stating "Not to argue but I suggest you look again. The kit you are speaking of is $1516.

http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-advanced-everything-kit-hard...

FIRST, I wasnt steering anything away from another dealer as you have claimed. In fact, I even linked the DJI site, (the home dealer) in my post!!!!!!!!
So Your dang straight I corrected the price. I saw what was being posted, did my own research and found different pricing straight from the DJI site that was contradictory to what was posted. So in an effort to clear things up, I posted the price I found on the DJI website and the link to back that up. There was no sales motivation on my part, I dont even sell that kit. And I dont deal with DJI directly. They are not my competition. I simply provided information and the FACT to back it up.

3. As for the FAA guidelines, I have been researching and flying drones for over 2.5 years. In that time I have researched and PERSONALLY spoken to many who are considered experts in the industry and have directly asked them the ever popular question about legalities when a farmer flies his own acres. EACH AND EVERY TIME, I have been told it is ok to fly your own acres with your own drone. EACH AND EVERY TIME. So that is why I posted the following quote

"The common understanding has been that farmers are able to use a drone as part of their own farm, covering their own acres. That being said, while you use it for your own business, you are not using it commercially (for hire) so the registration process shouldnt affect that. Also, the registration process registers you the "pilot" as a drone owner, not the drone itself."

Now to clarify, I should have stated that the registration process registers you the drone owner and omitted the word "pilot" but in the overwhelming majority of instances the pilot is the farmer, and is the owner of the drone. If farmers cannot legally fly their own acres, there should be thousands of farmers either fined by the FAA or in jail right now, but thats not the case.

So from here, Ill let the others who are reading this to be judge and jury. If you/they don't agree with what I have said, thats fine. If so, thats fine too. Its your/their choice.

Its clear that you dislike me for whatever reason and have an agenda. Thats ok. Im a big boy and have big shoulders. And as I have stated, Im not always going to be right, after all I am human, and this is an ever changing industry that none of us have been able to keep up with on a day to day basis. I just come here, state what I know, learn from others and hopefully help them along the way. And who knows, maybe even get to know a few folks as well.

Ive stated my points and will leave it up to the others here to decide where to go with this info. I'm moving on, as I am tired of defending myself over frivolous things and I have other things to do like prepping my own small grain farm for spring planting season, Its less than 65 days away after all. Meanwhile, I wish you the best sir.

Have a great weekend and happy flying
Respectfully,
Matt Boucher

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)