AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dicision time between cutting beans or corn! Help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hwdcne
Posted 9/27/2006 10:27 (#47064 - in reply to #46912)
Subject: Re: Dicision time between cutting beans or corn! Help

Soutwest Ks.
In sw KS. almost all of the corn is a wreak this year. Most agronomists are still puzzled as to what happened. They argue heat stress, but we've had hotter summers before without this happening. I have two in laws that are resorting to cutting corn in only one direction to pick up better. What a nightmare! Corn reels are being sold as fast as they can be produced and the plastic snoots on JD cornheads are being constantly damaged. GVL or genuine Deere. My nephew manages a JD
store and he told me yesterday they were selling a snoot every 20 minutes. To get all the corn the snoots have to be flat on the ground and I think you can imagine what happens when you hit a sprinkler track, not pretty. We took a damaged outside snoot and attached a JD deckplate to the outside with channel on the inside. Talk about red neck improvisation!!
Nasty looking but it works. Incidentally the deck plate is hard faced. That's going to give someone nightmares trying to figure that one out!! He, he, he! You can see the nasty looking critter from an 1/8 of a mile away. Who cares, we're cutting corn!!!!!! Hwd
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)