AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fasting observation.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

central va farmer
Posted 2/3/2024 19:09 (#10607330 - in reply to #10607230)
Subject: RE: Insulin resistance and fat adaptation

Virginia
You may want to try eating 1 meal a day. I've found if I eat 3500 or so calories a day I maintain my weight. Go over that I'll gain, under ill lose.
I eat the same amount of calories as I ever do, I just do it 1 time a day. I may eat a pack of peanuts and some jerky around 3ish then eat supper around 7ish. I probably average 20 hrs between my main meal.
I drink a gallon to gallon and a half a day of water, diet mtn dew, unsweetened tea. Summer time I probably drink closer to 2 gallons.
I've lost around 110 pounds last 2 years and feel great. I try to once a week throw in a prolonged fast of 40-48 hrs. There is a restaurant in charlottesville called the woodgrill buffet. We usually go every Sunday evening after costco. I've gotten in the habit of after eating there ill skip Monday and eat again either Tues afternoon or night. I love the mental clarity and focus that going 24 hrs without eating gives you. I also enjoy knowing I have the willpower to just not eat. There is a wealth of information online about intermittent fasting, omad diet, warrior diet etc.
It's not for everyone but works for me.
On another note listen to John Burns on the low carb diet. Carbs are not our friend. I try to eat less than 150 grams of carbs per day. Alot of days it's 100 or less. Vegetables and fruit I don't really count as of the high fiber content. But eat all the meat, eggs, and vegetables you can hold. I've came to the conclusion that fresh is good, processed is bad.
Good luck

For what it's worth I'll be 46 in March, I'm 6'6 and 290. My a1c is 5.1 and blood sugar around 100. I used to take met formen but haven't in nearly 1.5 years. Diet change worked for me.
On another note I got sick in 2019 and medicine and inactivity made me gain weight. I got to 397 pounds, a blood sugar of nearly 400 and a1c of 9.2. I'm a believer that our diet is a major factor in our overall health.

There is a youtube channel/personality called Thomas Delour. He has alot of info on fasting and diet stuff

Edited by central va farmer 2/3/2024 19:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)