AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Diabetes book
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/10/2024 11:34 (#10617225 - in reply to #10617129)
Subject: Treating the symptoms rather than the root of the disease

Pittsburg, Kansas
In the last 5 years my experience comes closer to matching Taubes than the 30 years previous experience matches what the medical and nutritional profession taught me.

Is he right or wrong on every single thing? Probably not. Is the medical profession right or wrong on every single thing. Probably not.

The medical profession, for the largest part, treats diabetics type II as a blood sugar problem. It is instead an insulin problem. The medical profession treats and tries to control the symptoms with pills and insulin. To reverse or put the disease into remission, it is insulin that needs to be managed. A type II diabetic already has loads of insulin. Too much insulin. Giving a type II diabetic more insulin is making the underlying disease worse.

Oh, I forgot to add this to my list of improvements after getting off insulin shots. No more hypoglycemia, blood sugar going so low it was dangerous. Any miscalculation on my part on the amount of insulin to take, amount of anticipated physical activity, or amount of carb laden food I ingested and my blood sugar would go so low I would wake up in a cold sweat if I was sleeping and have to eat something or take glucose jell for fear of passing out. And feel like complete crap for an hour or two. Or if it happened in daytime would have to sit down and rest for an hour or so after eating something.

Never a hypoglycemic episode now in 5 years. Before 2-6 times a year.

The medical and nutritional professions either do not fully understand diabetes, or if they do, prefer to treat it rather than reverse it.

It is an insulin problem. The high blood sugar is a symptom of the problem. They treat the symptoms.

Edited by John Burns 2/10/2024 11:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)