AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Diabetes book
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/11/2024 07:48 (#10618351 - in reply to #10618303)
Subject: Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and ketogenic diet

Pittsburg, Kansas
And a whole lot more. This is an interview of a researcher who I have listened to a number of his interviews and presentations.

I have a close friend that was diagnosed with Parkinson's about three or four years ago. I can realate to the above researcher because I have seen with my own eyes what a ketogenic diet did for this person. She went from hardly being able to function day to day normal living to about 90% reduction of symptoms. Because of diet change. She does take a few other things like high dose vitamin B therapy and exogenos ketone esters and says they have given some incremental help. But the diet change did the vast majority of it and what gave her her life back. She now works with and rides horses. She still does have some tremors, especially when she gets tired. Her Parkinson's has not been cured. It is being managed to the point to the average person on the street might never notice she has the disease.

I ask her the other day if she takes any prescription medication for her Parkinson's. She said no. None. She told me the medications for Parkinson's are mostly focused on motor movement. The shaking hands and such. The medications have some down sides that she didn't want. She said I can handle the tremors and deal with them. It is the other stuff that the diet mostly controls. Her and her husband do a LOT of research on the subject, and about anything I mention to them, they have already heard or checked into.

That was kind of long, but I wanted to point out I have seen some of what this researcher is talking about with my own eyes. It is hard to unsee something I have personally seen. She got her life back through diet change (strict ketogenic and about 98% full carnivore). A really good interview. All diabetics should definitely watch because diabetes puts a person at higher risk of downstream diseases of being metabolically unhealthy. Stroke, heart disease, Parkinson's, Alzheimers, about any non-infectous disease. Diabetics are at higher risk of all of them. My intention is to control my diabetes type II and minimize those higher risks. That is why I am interested in this stuff.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=znIyj-TfPJA

Edit: Another interview with the same Dr Phillips for those that found the above one interesting. This is focused on Alzheimer's. I am listening to it now.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g-UagRf23MY

Edited by John Burns 2/11/2024 08:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)