AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Diabetes book
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/11/2024 07:21 (#10618303 - in reply to #10616366)
Subject: Fructose, the brain and dementia

Pittsburg, Kansas
This is a geeky one I thought I would just throw in this thread aboout diabetes because it is associated.

Warning: geeky but not too long and Nich does a wonderful job of bringing research papers down to mere mortal level of understanting.

It is mouse models, not human. He brings up the problem with the ethics committe about doing human studies where you chop off their head and look at their brain at the end of the test. But he also gives other data suggesting why the mouse models should be applicable.

This is about fructose in the brain, created in the brain (so not external fructose like previous research has worked on that I have linked in the past). This is about diabetic high blood glucose levels that causes within the brain its conversion to fructose and the potential damage the fructose creates.

I found it fascinating. Hope you do too.

Excess fructose is not a good thing in the human body. I'm not saying a piece of fruit once in a while is a bad thing. But excessive high levels of consumption of concentrated liquid forms of fructose is being shown by more and more research to be a long term health problem. This is just one small corner of this type of research.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xIR8oi-zfMw

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)