AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Diabetes book
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/10/2024 11:51 (#10617251 - in reply to #10617129)
Subject: Opposing views - biases

Pittsburg, Kansas
It is good you bring up opposing views.

That is what discussion is about.

If everybody has the same view there is no discussion. Might as well be talking to myself.

With discussion people can take in all sides of a story and decide for themselves what matters to them.

I have never claimed a ketogenic diet is for everyone. But if it can help a few others out like it has me, I would be remiss if I didn't tell my story.

I have no dog in the fight other than my fight for my own and my wife's personal health. People have to choose their own path. For my wife and I, it has definitely been a success story.

I wish I could have had and read Taubes book 30 years ago. I probably would not have been smart enough to follow it back then, but it might have got me thinking about and starting to control my disease with diet sooner than what I did at 65.

Everybody trying to make a point cherry picks their sources. The only person who is unbiased is the uneducated. Once a person gets any significant amount of education about a subject, they become biased based on what they learned.
Otherwise they are no more than an idiot.

Edited by John Burns 2/10/2024 12:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)