AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Real Bread wife says she’s done with the store.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

SamT
Posted 2/13/2024 08:47 (#10621571)
Subject: Real Bread wife says she’s done with the store.

Texas
I’ve been telling my wife for 3-4 years that bread is processed food. She went with her friends to a woman’s deal at the extension office about the health benefits of flour and bread made from whole wheat berries about a month ago. She admitted I was correct for the first time ever! We’ve been having real bread ever since.
Grinding the wheat has been a problem as well as getting wheat with no poison on it as well as wheat with no weevils.
Yesterday I come home to her grinding wheat in her blender she says she learned it on tic toc. So I guess tic toc is OK now! It was pretty hard work grinding the wheat with a hand crank cheap mill.

This stuff is wheat, egg, yeast, olive oil and honey. I assume it would mold fast, but it never sticks around long enough to find out.

I’m guessing I can take wheat straight from the combine at harvest and put it in buckets with lids to keep weevils out, but I’m open to any suggestions. A friend of mine has a cart with some wheat left from planting that escaped the weevils by some streak of luck I’ve been pulling from.

Edited by SamT 2/13/2024 08:51

(IMG_0938 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_0939 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_0940 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0938 (full).jpeg (114KB - 193 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0939 (full).jpeg (137KB - 218 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0940 (full).jpeg (77KB - 203 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)