AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Real Bread wife says she’s done with the store.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

1972RedNeck
Posted 2/13/2024 19:58 (#10622353 - in reply to #10622108)
Subject: RE: Real Bread wife says she’s done with the store.

Townsend, Montana
hinfarm - 2/13/2024 16:55

I'm trying to cut carbs hard in an effort to lose some weight. Been eating a ton of meat. People who don't eat meat all the time think a ribeye or beef ribs is a treat and to be honest I'm about sick of it, but I will keep grinding along.

I am also interested in the ancient grains. I'd like to try some Einkorn wheat flour if I could. I'd like to know if modern wheat is any better for you than the older varieties, I'm told old is better, but some people think the earth is flat too.

I have come to the opinion that it is the refining and additives (chemicals) that are making us fat and slowly killing us. Fresh ground whole wheat flour is the least of your worries.

If you are concerned about the gluten (gluten is actually good if it is consumed with the correct amount of fiber, IE whole wheat), make sour dough. Most all of the gluten is used up by the yeast/bacteria.

I went full carnivore for several months to cure my asthma (turns out I am just allergic to either folic acid or nicotinic acid, which is added to pretty much every grain product in the store). I also got to the point where I was sick and tired of eating meat. After allergy season I went back to my normal diet and that is when I realized how good I felt on the carnivore diet. After about a month, I found myself gravitating to basically a squeaky clean keto diet and have stayed there ever since, just because I feel so good. More energy, no aches and pains, no allergies, never get sick anymore, etc.

I no longer find joy in eating, but life in general is so much more enjoyable when you just feel good that it more than makes up for it.

Edited by 1972RedNeck 2/13/2024 20:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)