AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Real Bread wife says she’s done with the store.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

SamT
Posted 2/13/2024 18:10 (#10622198 - in reply to #10622108)
Subject: RE: Real Bread wife says she’s done with the store.

Texas
I tried einkorn a few years ago and it made 100bu straw and 10bu grain. Huge processing nightmare because it has hulls like an oat to remove.
I think a guy might could make some money grazing it though, forage yield was twice wheat and it matured 3 weeks after normal wheat here.

I have a neighbor growing some sort of ancient wheat that’s popular in organic market. He made about 10 under irrigation this year. But that said a lot of guys near him destroyed their wheat for insurance.

I believe as long as it is the entire berry that’s ground it is way way better for you than what you can buy. You can read about Rockefeller and how they wanted to shut down the local mills and take over milling. In the process about killed people due to malnutrition hence all the junk that’s mandated to be added to flour. Real flour goes rancid within 2 weeks. I think the bread ladies recommend using it within 2 days. Wife’s working on sour dough now! Her starter died and she got a piece from a friend and is feeding it. I’m not sure how long that takes to get it big enough for a batch of bread, but it’s doubled from last night looks like.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)