AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can an app replace a retail salesperson?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Lookingglass
Posted 3/20/2024 19:01 (#10673088 - in reply to #10672390)
Subject: RE: Can an app replace a retail salesperson?

Southwest Illinois
I would say things are headed that way. Most companies allow you to sell grain online without ever dealing with a person. I know someone who is working on a large AI based project that may significantly impact folks like local agronomists. Agronomists is such an overused word in todays world, especially seed companies. The local "agronomist" for a very large seed company is probably a handful of years out of college and has minimal experience and is basically learning on the fly. Very nice person, but I consider an agronomist as someone who is a valuable resource as well as an expert in their field. 30 years ago that title was reserved for folks who have been in the business a long time and literally had tons of knowledge. Today it's just a glorified salesperson and a lot of them have minimal field experience. So yes, I do think sales folks will be replaced. You may have a customer service rep calling on accounts just to offer that personal touch and I don't see them going away completely.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)