AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can an app replace a retail salesperson?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hawkeye13
Posted 3/22/2024 10:22 (#10675103 - in reply to #10675067)
Subject: RE: Can an app replace a retail salesperson?

SE Iowa
That's unfortunate...sounds like she was on the right track but wasn't given enough time to prove herself. I agree with folks getting stuck doing things they weren't hired to do every day...in the heat of the battle we need 45 people instead of 18. Most of the time that is a short 3 week timeframe in my area...the other 49 weeks of the year they sometimes gravitate towards those jobs as an excuse to not get out and sell something. They can nap in a tender truck or watch TikTok, but can't use that time to make a few phone calls/texts to customers? I don't buy it most of the time... Time management is a choice - it's not always the employer to blame.

The customer loyalty thing can be a thread of its own...I would jump ship too if I had to deal with a new person every year. But then again, I get sold out for a few bucks every year and I've been doing it 20 years....so the loyalty thing is a two-way street. It's ok to fire a retailer, but it's also ok to fire a customer if it's not sustainable...

The retail model has been on the brink of death for 100 years...yet there's a Dollar General in every tiny town around here. My advice is shop at Costco if you want, but don't be the one complaining when the local grocery store shuts its doors........
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)