AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wife wants a power washer for the house, I’ve never had one. What specs minimum for me to use too?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boog
Posted 3/31/2024 17:15 (#10688183 - in reply to #10688108)
Subject: RE: Wife wants a power washer for the house, I’ve never had one. What specs minimum for me to use to

What are going to be its main use, around the house or cleaning farm equipment? If for washing house, etc you don’t want a high pressure washer. Size you’re looking at would work fine in that scenario. For farm you need more home & pressure

We have two hot water pressure washers. A 110v Landa, 1800 psi / 2 gpa that I bought back around 1998, alway had cold washers until then. Then we bought a 13hp Hotzy 4,000 gpa / 4pm in 2014.

The Landa was fine washing vehicles but didn’t move much dirt or grease on farm equipment. I always used the Lands to wash the house & garage, both had steel siding. One year the hired man used the Hotzy to wash them. Wherever he got too close it knocked the bake on enamel loose. No matter what we did, even hired a professional painter, we can’t keep paint on in those areas. In 2-3 yrs those areas start flaking off. The high pressure works great on dirt & grease but you do have to be careful washing tractors & combines or you will knock paint loose.

Actually the best thing we have found for washing tillage equipment is our spray tender trailer. I use an adapter to reduce the 2” hose to 1”, then adapted a 1/2 pipe to the 1” & flattened the end of the pipe. Moves a lot of dirt & trash in a hurry. Then we follow up with the Hotzy which my son has since traded for an electric 10hp 3,500 psi / 5 gpa Alladin hot pw after the Hotzy pump blew a chunk out the side.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)