AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Was I ripped off?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mitchco
Posted 4/25/2024 18:09 (#10717808 - in reply to #10717744)
Subject: RE: Was I ripped off?

SW OH
I've been through something similar. 1982 we bought our first semi and the speedometer didn't work. It was electronic and the PPU was hanging by the wires near the back of the transmission. After dropping a load of corn at the elevator I went to Gene's speedometer shop to ask them what I needed to hook it up. A guy comes out and looks at the truck and tells me I just need a couple of parts to hook it up. He comes out with a nut and drive tooth and puts it together. After this he tells me it may take a lot of time and driving to build a speed box because direct drive may not be accurate. I said ok lets try it as it is and see what happens. The bill was like $8 for parts and $26 for labor. He spent less than 5 minutes hooking it up. This was 1982 when minimum wage was $2.65? I told the guy I'd have to go to the truck to get the money. I took his nut and drive tooth off. I went back in and told him to stick it where the sun don't shine and walked out.

Similar events have happened since. Don't be afraid to call someone out for something you don't think is right.

Mitchco
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)