AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Was I ripped off?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 4/26/2024 07:18 (#10718315 - in reply to #10717884)
Subject: RE: Was I ripped off?

Amherst WI
BFarm - 4/25/2024 18:29

I'll repeat what I hear on this site oftentimes when someone complains about high bills:
***Open your own hydraulic shop if you don't like it.
***If it's so lucrative, get into the business yourself and watch the money roll in.
***Do you think his labor is free? Overhead, taxes, building costs, etc etc.

I hope you noticed the sarcasm ***. I would not be happy with your bill either. Looking up and picking out some parts is the part guy's job. Good luck

OP I'd call and ask what the deal is because that sounds off. You are at least owed an explanation.

These little one off things really do add up. You really don't think about it until you open a small business and you get a bunch of small dollar sales that you put in more labor than margin. You can't tell the customers you can't sell it to them because then you don't have a business any more, it's a bad situation.

I often think of o-rings as a good example of something super cheap but is loaded with labor. Someone making $30/hr had to unpack the box it came in, inventory it, put it in the right spot and then when the customer comes in and doesn't know what he really wants he has to spend 10 minutes with that transaction, and then the customer is upset he got hit $10 (that they lost money on) for a $.27 o-ring.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)