AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Was I ripped off?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sdPete
Posted 4/25/2024 20:24 (#10717950 - in reply to #10717744)
Subject: RE: Was I ripped off?

Beresford SD
A year ago I took 3 cylinders off a JD 980 field cultivator, seal kits NLA from Deere. Took them apart, grouped the O-rings from each cylinder in a separate bag, went to the hydraulic shop, no appointment or time slot scheduled. After a few minutes one of the guys appeared, went to it and found all the rings and seals , put them in the bags along with the old ones. It took him quite a while, then it all had to go on an invoice. I was charged for all the seals and rings, paid the bill and left. Thought to myself that if I brought the cylinder(s) in and had the shop do the rebuild, the labor charge would have included the time to locate all those repair items. Seemed like I got a pretty good deal, but from the perspective of the shop maybe not so much. It does not surprise me that the OP was charged for the time, how else would the shop recover that cost? No, I would not be eager to see businesses in general add labor charges to parts invoices, but someone is going to decide that the time must be accounted for whether the sale is $50 or $500. The effort put into promoting parts apps for phones and computers ought to tell us something.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)