AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Was I ripped off?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Bern
Posted 4/25/2024 16:42 (#10717744)
Subject: Was I ripped off?

Mount Vernon, WA
I sent one of my students over yesterday to my local hydraulic shop to get some o-rings and backup washers for a hydraulic cylinder he was working on. I made the mistake of sending him over with $100 because I figured a $20 bill likely wouldn't cover it with today's inflation. He came back empty handed and said they'd call when the order was ready. I figured they were simply busy. OK, whatever.

He gets a call this morning that the seals were ready for pickup, so he goes to get them and comes back with $30 change. After looking closely at the bill, they charged $45 plus tax for "shop labor". I haven't called them yet to complain, but I have to assume the labor charge was for them to measure the old seals to determine the proper part number. He didn't bring over the cylinder, but only a half-dozen o-rings and backup washers to get matched up and replaced.

I thought I've seen it all, but this is a new one for me and frankly I'm just a little upset. I paid $20 for all the seals and $50 for them to ID them and pull them from the shelf. Before I call and make some noise, has this ever happened to anyone else here? Do you feel it's justified?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)