AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Delivery room pointers....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

canadianeh?
Posted 8/10/2010 00:54 (#1308639 - in reply to #1308117)
Subject: Re: Delivery room pointers....

Saskatchewan, big whitetail country!!!
Have had four kids, between 18 months and 7 years old, and the first one is extra cool cuz everything is so new and a fresh experience. But each birth is different of course, so they are all very cool. Congratulations, it is an amazing moment when baby arrives, and you hold her for the first time. Don't be surprised if your eyeballs spring a big time leak. The process can be tough. I had trouble watching my wife in such pain, with little that could be done.

Advice?

Provide her with EVERYTHING she asks for, keep her supplied with what she asks for. On baby no. 1, my wife drank water constantly, I kept her in water and ice. She still remembers feeling glad for all that water.

No sex jokes.

One thing I remember as I stood at her bed by her head, is that I was amazed at how close I was to the action. and that there was no hiding this from me. For some reason, I had not prepared for this truth. I'm not sure if I thought I had married a giraffe, or what, but the closeness to me of that "area" stands out for me. Seeing the top of baby ones head was way too cool, and seeing them cry, and wiggle after they first come out looking a bit dead, mucousy, purply blue is amazing too.

Best wishes and good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)