AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I told you some GMO doesnt work here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

usafarmer
Posted 10/5/2007 08:20 (#214706 - in reply to #214695)
Subject: Re: I told you some GMO doesnt work here

Newfane NY
"BUT, work with a skilled, knowledgeable seedsman to place the best genetic/technology package on those acres, and use your agronomist to make sure you are giving those acres the best chance to perform. Then try it for several years, over several different types of growing conditions. And, keep an open mind in the process."

I am working with one of the best "ecentric radical" seedsmen in the US and we have yet to prove any trait is better than what I am planting, over a 5 year period.

If you give a trait 3 years to prove itself, the company may no longer offer that variety....so what then.

Here, in New York, the salesmen tell you that you need triples or you will not get the best corn crop possible. Without even asking you what you program is first. No RR corn here because I am getting RR redroot pigweed in a few fields and I see the local dairy farmers that are all RR corn getting weedier fields the longer they are using RR corn.........and do not get me started on RR corn pollen drift......

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)