AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I told you some GMO doesnt work here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mlebrun
Posted 10/5/2007 13:26 (#214850 - in reply to #214824)
Subject: Re: I told you some GMO doesnt work here

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
I always say "It depends on what you are comparing it too" Having been in the seed business for 25 years I have seen everything, from manipulated data to downright leaving out the BEST varieties and cherry picking the data. I am seeing more BLOCKED plots where companies only put a FEW select older varieties of something EASY to beat and them tons of there own stuff. They will not alternate varieties across the plots. I do alternate company, by trait and by maturity, that way everyone gets the same odds. When one blocks plots any company put on the end of the plot is doomed or might do very well depending on the ground.
When ones says traits don't pay, are you POSITIVLEY sure you are testing against the BEST in the area????????Or are you leaving out a few good hybrids just so you can say I told you so??
There are alot of choices out there and some good conversions and some bad. I find it hard to believe EVERY conversion is bad and that there are NO traited hybrids that can't beat the original cross. I have seen it boths ways and is different in some years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)