AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I told you some GMO doesnt work here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NE gearhead
Posted 10/5/2007 09:03 (#214725 - in reply to #214713)
Subject: Re: I told you some GMO doesnt work here

Good seedsmen place hybrids based on yield potential of the field, historic climate and management level of the farmer, among other factors. Technologies are used as a tool, not a crutch.

I don't work for a technology provider. I work with people that have access to all the technologies available, a high percentage of the germplasm available, and some that is "in-house". My team works hard to provide the best material to the farmer, based on what I mentioned above. We strive to provide the ability for maximum profit POTENTIAL.

I glad that there are pockets that are able to get the most out of their ground without traits. Good for you. I would be interested to see your research. If you could post the methods and materials, as well as the statistical design, I would be happy to review it.

Good seedsmen don't sell traits because the seedsman or company makes more money because of it. Good seedmen sell value in service, like making good recommendations. We may not have the cheapest seed on a per unit basis, but the extra value we add with our expertise is worth that extra up-front cost. The bottom line is not how much you paid for a bag of seed, it's how much you netted for your farm. No one have ever gotten an award or an operating loan because they bought seed cheaper than everyone else.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)