AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I told you some GMO doesnt work here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NE gearhead
Posted 10/5/2007 11:27 (#214812 - in reply to #214746)
Subject: Re: I told you some GMO doesnt work here

Ethical researchers do not manipulate the data to get the result they want. Spin doctors will twist the results and publish what they want you to hear. Or you will hear only what supports your preconceived ideas. I am a scientist, and I look at the actual research, not just the condensed versions from the technology providers. I look at the design and methods, checking to see if there are other factors that influence the data. Thus why I ask a lot of questions about a farming operation before I give a recommendation, be it for seed, fertilizer, chemicals, tillage, or any other input or practice.

Given that you don't know anything about me, how can you be so sure that you and Ed run in the same circle of people as I do, or that the people that you work with run in the same circles? I know that the seed industry is "small", but some of us are still able to fly under the radar, so to speak. Never assume that you know as much as someone without knowing them. I know nothing about you or Ed other than what you post. Have I posted who I work with, or what they own or have access to? No.

Is your on-farm research done in a way to insure that there is only one variable being tested? If so, I would certainly like to know how you do it. We could license the process out to researchers all over the world and make HUGE amounts of money. Guess everything I learned in college and graduate school was crap. Shouldn't have wasted my money. And my Dad said "they can never take that education away from you". Guess he didn't know what he was talking about either. Damn, I thought the Old Man was smarter than that.

As for those who quote scripture, I follow 1 John 4:1. Look it up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)