AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I told you some GMO doesnt work here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NE gearhead
Posted 10/5/2007 14:04 (#214867 - in reply to #214824)
Subject: Re: I told you some GMO doesnt work here

Now we are on the same track. Maybe you don't have a pressure that a trait is needed to overcome. I can see that being a possibility. But it is hard to believe that an entire state is that lucky.

Your right, Ed. Too many farmers are planting technologies without a reason. That is wrong. Bad seedsmen. They should all be punished. Dad used to make us chop shattercane out in the cornfield. Of course, there was always the chicken coop. Any other ideas?

How about a pat on the back to those seedsmen that are using technologies responsibly? Not only placing them where they are needed, but being sure that the stewardship obligation is being met? I get concerned when 100% of the acres are planted to some Bt technology. Those guys scare me. Not to mention that some of the largest germplasm providers will not release new germplasm to the market unless it has a technology attached. So, then what do we use for refuge? Talk about being trapped between a rock and a hard place.

I don't want to point fingers at any one technology provider. They all have a certain level of guilt, as do some seedsmen and some farmers. It is refreshing to see that there are people out there that are still asking "Why?" instead of just accepting our fate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)