AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

am I crazy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

glenn@psf
Posted 7/18/2006 21:35 (#27808 - in reply to #27774)
Subject: Re: am I crazy?

This whole conversation has turned into a perfect example of what is wrong with the world we live in today as farmers! All the bickering and crying about trivial things and not paying attention to whats important, you're still on the land and doing what you love, (or at least tolerate). Maybe we should all quit worrying about what other people think and try doing whats best for ourselves, because no one else is really looking out for us anyway. And possibly, we as farmers, should start trusting our neighbors a tiny bit more instead of mistrusting every other farmer around us, thinking they are out to get us. I see this at home, and it seems like if we are divided, its easier for outside money to come in and start buying up the land across the road from you that you always wanted, then you can't even point your finger at your neighbor anymore, in fact you probably won't even know who, or what, to blame. If farmers stick together more, maybe we can stand up to certain threats a little better than by ourselves!! I don't know, i might be crazy too though, b/c i know there's truth in saying "nice guys finish last" and it holds true, unfortunately, in farming sometimes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)