AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Privacy laws?? in automobiles?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

toolman
Posted 3/3/2008 18:20 (#324906 - in reply to #324697)
Subject: RE: Privacy laws?? in automobiles?

IL
If they want to sell me a used vehicle they better be prepared to provide me with the identity of the previous owner. The reason dealers will play the privacy card is because most of them are constantly buying auction, lease returns, and program cars and trying to pass them off as local trade ins.

This privacy deal has really gotten out of hand in the last few years. I agree that social security numbers and some other personal information should not be allowed to be given out but it seems everyone is now taking the "Privacy" think way to far. It amazes me of how often I hear businesses tell people that certain information can not be released because of HIPPA. HIPPA only pertains to certain areas of the practice of medicine! HIPPA does not even pertain to fire departments that do not provide EMS care while some people seem to think that even the name of a person who adopts a pet from the pound in covered under this. Our school could no longer post a list of students that were assigned to each class at the beginning of school this year stating it’s a privacy issue but I am sure my kids will likely bring home a yearbook later this year with names and pictures. It's just another thing that has gotten blown completely out of proportion. End of rant!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)