AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Privacy laws?? in automobiles?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

95h
Posted 3/4/2008 02:00 (#325311 - in reply to #325181)
Subject: Jeff the guy's a moron..

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

Gees Jeff,, what kinda morons you got in your area?   I could understand 1 and ONLY 1 call, with the simple question "is it a P.O.S. or worth buying?" period.  Past that the moron who bought your old pickup is an oxygen thief who's just stealing space on the planet.

Not that I have or would call a previous owner,, but it would be limited to the above and followed by a "thank you for your time and information".   Past that single phone call (prior to buying the vehicle) moron did buy the veh from the dealer,, his whines are for the dealer no one else period!

In my area, when a vehicle is on a lot and we ask who owned that before,, and certain names are given,, just keep right on walking as the "previous owners" have a reputation of NEVER changing the oil, or caring for their vehicles. End of story right there far as buying that specific vehicle.

The truth is all licenced vehicles can be researched for ownership. Think about it,, otherwise how would it ever be proven a vehicle wasn't stolen and/or VIN'S changed, etc. etc.  If a person does buy a vehicle,, the previous owner's name is on the registration-title as the previous owner.

I fully understand privacy issues but for vehicles etc.. Illinios is way completely overboard in to the rediculous relm.  How many have bought vehicles that only went swimming once and you don't know it ?? 

Shoot with a VIN I can research any vehicle right on the internet! I don't even have to send a request to DOL !!

Waayyy way overboard on the privacy issues.

just my 2 cents 

Edited by 95h 3/4/2008 02:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)