AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Selling Family Farm land DRAMA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iseedit
Posted 2/1/2024 06:21 (#10603097 - in reply to #10603012)
Subject: RE: Cut the DRAMA - AUCTION

central - east central Minnesota -

moon1234 - 1/31/2024 23:54
iseedit - 1/31/2024 05:54

CuriousWesterner - 1/30/2024 17:59 My grandfather gave all 7 of his children plots of land. My father left that state and moved west in his early 20s. Now Dad and the aunts and uncles are gone, and the land has been passed down to the next generation (my cousins). Dad's land is now split between me and my 2 brothers. We rent the land (both pasture and crop) to cousins. We are all out of state and are ready to sell the land. It is in a small town, and our name is well known, but not always for good reasons. How do we get an honest appraisal of the land? We plan to offer the land to the cousins first before we put it out to the public. Is that the right thing to do, or has anyone else been in this situation? Suggestions? 

Cut out the DRAMA - offer it as land AUCTION. That brings you the current REAL price. Your cousins get to purchase it at the going rate - TODAYS value . . . . . .  Split the "juice" on the sale, which should give you points with the cousins. Everyone else pays full juice to the auctioneers. ETA: only thing needed is a good attorney to finish the sale. Hopefully, the land deed has been probated or updated as relatives have passed and the new generation took over. Otherwise, that be costly to update the Deed. 

Is everyone late recently? I’ve always known ETA to mean Estimated Time of Arrival. Are young people co-opting three letter acronyms to mean something new? If this is supposed to be an addendum to something previously written that would be PS (post script) the proper acronym to be used?

Learned on AgTalk - ETA - mean's edit to add . . . . . seen it on other forms, used the same way. I'm far from young. So, late to the party, yes - still willing to learn, no . . . . 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)