AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Value of ketones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Daleny
Posted 2/25/2024 19:28 (#10639872 - in reply to #10639766)
Subject: RE: Kidney matters with Dr David Unwin

WCNY
For what it’s worth I had changed doctors two years before I went on the low carb diet. I changed because the doctor i had was the one on the left side. When I did discuss the lifestyle change with my new doctor the only thing he cautioned me about was having an exit plan because weight gain would be a lot faster than how it came off if I went to eating the way I was before. Now 115 pounds later he and his staff are extremely happy for me. After he took me off the last BP medications he opened up and said he had been on this type of diet since med school. He does not freely advocate this type of lifestyle but he certainly does not have any concerns that he has shared with me.

My wife on the other hand still has our previous doctor and she refuses to take her off any diabetic and BP medications even though her blood work and BP have improved significantly.

In my opinion Big pharmacy has a lot of influence and a lot to loose if we all went low carb.

My view is quite simple. My wife and I feel so much better both physically and mentally I am not going back any time soon. I feel we are going to live longer and enjoy life better than before.

To each their own.

Thanks again John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)