AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Value of ketones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

CMN
Posted 2/26/2024 10:54 (#10640561 - in reply to #10640478)
Subject: RE: Value of ketones

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
Thank you. You have added some good discussion to this forum.

A low carb/keto diet does not have to be a strict carnivore only diet as often promoted on this forum. I have kept a moderate mix of high-fiber, low-carb foods like avocado, coconut, spinach, sauerkraut, along with other low carb vegetables such as peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus to add variety, fiber, and help maintain potassium levels. I still keep my carb intake well below 50 grams of carbs/day to be considered keto. More often than not I average closer to 20 grams of carbs/day than 50/day and seem to be satiated. Other low carb/keto-friendly ways to get more fiber and maintain kidney/gut health is to include nuts such as almonds and pistachios. I also take a multivitamin everyday and make a much better effort at staying hydrated to help with proper kidney function.

My thoughts are the keto diet alone is given too much credit by some people for the "better health benefits" they experience and not enough credit is given to the simple fact that most all people have lost some weight and their sugar intake has decreased...some people have lost 100lb. or close to 100lbs which will make any person "feel" better. As you have stated, the same health benefits can/are achieved by other diets and simple lifestyle changes.

Just a few simple diet/lifestyle changes like cutting back to drinking one or two cans of sugar filled drinks/day rather than drinking a 12 pack/day along with cutting back to eating one glazed donut rather than the entire box and choosing to park further away from the entry door in parking lots and walking a few extra steps/day rather than driving around wasting gas/time looking for the closest spot by the entry door will make a person lose some weight and feel better.

Edited by CMN 2/26/2024 10:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)