AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much longer do we have a job?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JTN
Posted 3/7/2024 09:07 (#10655328 - in reply to #10653412)
Subject: RE: How much longer do we have a job?

MN
DobsonAG - 3/6/2024 00:43

The doom and gloom of farming is always a trip to me. Almost as silly as the insecurity and obsession to constantly feel they are in contol of something. Technology's never get adopted without a need. I'm glad some seem to have birthed or found enough cheap help to operate in the good old days model. That doesn't work in an area where you pay unskilled labor 3x minimum wage to do mindless tasks.

I look forward to the Technology as many of the jobs it will do very few want to do. Like robot weeders. Yes they are coming, we have ruined almost every mode of action of chemicals. If you want that job go ahead. Technology for me is repeatability and efficiency. I often spend 12-18 hours a day in the cab during the busiest times. I like how less fatigued I am going home and that the fields are worked or planted as desired. Will the greedy use it to gobble more acres.....yep....Will I use it to take off more time and travel more...oh hard yes. My pride doesn't need to work 3500 hours a year to make 1/3 of what my non ag friends do in 2000.

But hey what do I know, I will have my first autonomous machine for 2024. Just like I told my grandad when I was in high-school that I would have. I was blessed mine loved efficiency and change, where most saw no value in themselves, kids, or help.....

Tech cost money, Every single thing will have Fee's, Subscription's, per acre,per lbs or bushel.....your still going to make a 1/3 of your city friends,you'll be able to vacation more together though;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)