AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well my past week in review
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/12/2024 04:47 (#10662076)
Subject: Well my past week in review

So last week my wife and I took off on a trip to Phoenix, Arizona to try the regenerative shots in both my knees. After years of playing hard, work, etc. It's all been catching up with me. In the last 15 years had neck fused, shoulder rebuilt, now my knees are shot. Doc as been pushing replacements. However my father didn't have very good luck with a knee. Had great results with both of his hips, same with my mother on hip replacement. Lots of freinds had had these shots, its worked for them.

I sure feel better than I did a week ago, off my arthritis meds for 10 days now. They told me it's going to take 3-4 weeks before full effects of shots. Crap shoot to see if it works for me, im being very optimistic it's going to work. We lost a gal from local community two days ago from going in and having a hip replacement. She was quite a bit younger than my wife and myself. She never woke up from procedure, her lung collapsed, then went into seizures. So there is always riskes when you go under the knife.

So while in AZ we stopped up in the Seligman area to check out a ranch our friends from Idaho purchased. The famous Double O ranch. They are in a total rebuild phase of the place, starting with over 60 miles of pipelines, tanks, flying seed on, etc. Total rebuild of infrastructure. However with them adding this place to their operations it allowed us to purchase part of their Idaho holdings to add to ours. It will make both of our operations to be more efficient. Will allow my sons to increase our herd. But this jump of faith as allowed five different ranching families that were totally separate to increase their operations from one person having the vision to move out and get bigger. It's allowed all of us to get bigger, not just one family controlling everything.

Thus we are also looking at splitting a farm off to yet another young family with young boys that seem to have a passion to want to farm. The ultimate goal is to keep the younger generation involved in farming and ranching. It's not about one family controlling it all. The goal is to keep our water rights from being sold out to delvopment and housing along the Utah Wasatch front.

With Utah taking on the Olympic venue again in the future, it has put part of my operation at risk of being pushed out in the future. Most likely we will be forced to sell out. Goal is to keep cattle grazing to afford taxes to keep it in family. Real tough to see home places being forced to sell out that have been in family close to 150 years now. Sad to family's lose their legacy just because someone wants to buy you up to come and play and recreate in your backyard for a week or two. They just wreck the whole reason they wanted to get away from there personal lives for a vacation. Just because they had the money to do it.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 3/12/2024 04:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)