AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well my past week in review
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/12/2024 14:40 (#10662596 - in reply to #10662556)
Subject: RE: Well my past week in review

So yes conservation easements are a way to help defer urban encroachment. However once they surround you, your done. Even in Utah the growth has pushed out government facilities. They moved a prison because ground was more valuable for houses and retail than a prison complex. They moved prison and built in weland area because it was cheaper dealing with wetlands than high dollar restate.

ICC's problem and mine is water related. The west was delvolped because of irrigation projects to deliver water. California, Nevada, Utah, Oregon, Washington and Idaho was built on great engineering feats to move water around. Now these irrigation, power generation facilities are being challenged to be taken out for the greater benefit of wildlife or urbanization.

When your farm was built on irrigation water to grow crops, then the Fed's come in and rip your dams out for fish you lose power generation and irrigation. Your farm just became dry ground. It's a pure and simple takings. The other threat is most all irrigation projects have share holders in water rights. Tied to your land. However when a few neighbors sell out to delvopment, they get controlling interest is water system. They will force it into majority sell off of water rights. Same as on Wall Street with hostile takeover.

Even if all share holders hold together and won't sell water rights. The state could come in and trump your rights and take them away for the betterment of society. I suspect Utah will be the first state in the union to try this. Even when my deeded water rights go back to 1880's, if they want it, they will take it. WOTUS has taken a lot of rights away from us in just delivery in said waters. I've been on phone and emailing today because of rain right now trying to come to resolve of rulings on our delivery of water in irrigation channels. Yet they have been lumped under WOTUS rulings.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)