AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well my past week in review
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 3/15/2024 13:04 (#10666126 - in reply to #10662621)
Subject: RE: Well my past week in review

Faunsdale, AL
Don’t think the popping has to predict trouble. Mine have been popping since I was a teenager. Still going fine in early 60’s. I have been lucky enough to have never injured either of them.

The knee is a naturally unstable joint. Basically the rounded ends of the femur having to articulate with the flat table of the top of the tibia! It depends on the meniscus sitting on the top of the tibia for the weight bearing/keeping bones apart and muscles and ligaments for stability.

Absent previous injury ………….I think it’s the muscle condition that gets most of us in old age. Stability goes to pot and the meniscus or cartilage more likely gets damaged and starts inflammation which accelerates the damage. Some might get arthritis as a primary problem but it’s strongly correlated with over weight and loss of muscle strength.

Inflammation is good if you have infection in a wound but almost never good in a joint or brain for example.

Everyone is different, but I watched both my father and an uncle struggle with knee pain in their old age when they had toughed it out too long and no surgeon would work on them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)