AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well my past week in review
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/12/2024 14:07 (#10662575 - in reply to #10662488)
Subject: RE: Well my past week in review

Yes your popping sounds like in your meniscus https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/torn-meniscus/symptom... I tore mine long time ago, just toughed it out. Thinking it would get better, ended up just tearing more. So doc went in tried and cleaned it up. Helped it for 3 years. One of my son's tore his at state championship wrestling match. Went to surgery, they sewed his up. But couldn't bend or put weight on it for 6 months, was in a brace that time and on crutches.

Young people they try to sew up. However old dogs they just trim them. Then figure on joint replacement later in life. Lots to go wrong in knees just like other joints. You can thank football and other sports for this stuff when your young and fearless. I think ICC will agree with my on this part. But I'll be the first to say ICC wouldn't trade his life experiences for his new knees. He has lived a life most all would have killed for his experiences and friendships he gained from it.

My knee popping is loud enough when I get up out of a chair you can hear it pop over noise of T.V. sound. When I had my operations nobody talked of using regenerative shots to help. My thoughts are if young person could take them early in life to help build meniscus back up. Maybe could help stop knee replacement, I don't know.

Fifty years ago my grandfather they wanted to fuse his knee together to stop pain. He never did it because he could never bend it again. He still rode a horse with me until he was 89 years old. I know of one fellow I worked with cowboying he had his fused because it broke and tore it all up. Still walks with a limp today.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)