AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well my past week in review
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/12/2024 06:39 (#10662120 - in reply to #10662097)
Subject: RE: Well my past week in review

Yes the games are targeted to return to Utah in 2034'. So the majority of them are held in the county where our place is. Last time it allowed us to be discovered. Forever changed the dynamics. The whole state has shifted from what little ag we had to recreation and tourism. Also high tech because of a young work force. Thus that is what has pushed recreation, people wanting to get back with nature on their 3 day weekends.

Cow trails, logging & mining roads shifted to biking trails and UTV's, ATV's. State is pushing to take all irrigation water for housing, and recreation. I'm thinking it will come to blood shed at some point in time. Remember the west's saying whiskey is for drinking, water's for fighting for. The fight is coming to us. Agriculture has the deeded right to the water. However remember you only have the right to pay for the use, to be taxed on it. Ultimately it's owned by the state, they can
steal it back, or force you to give it up for the majority.

The reason I picked doc in AZ to get shots is because of the clinic there caters to the rancher and rodeo clientele. I personally know quite a few people in my circle of freinds had the same problem as me. They had great luck with them. Sure a lot easier to deal with docs that love animals, ranchers and the industry. Their clinic isn't far from the winter retreat for team ropers in Wickenburg, AZ. All the retired snowbirds go south and rope all winter there. Just like retired farmers going to the Yuma, AZ area.

My parents and grandparents also retired to Yuma and spent a bunch of time there. My kids have been hinting for us to go south. My wife isn't in favor of it yet. Don't know if I could make the change either.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 3/12/2024 06:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)