AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Amount of Early applied N needed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

M
Posted 7/28/2006 08:53 (#30558 - in reply to #30529)
Subject: RE: My observations...just wondering

If I could afford my own applicator I guess i would have one, but which one do you buy?? A 42 ft bar with MT 3000 equiped heat exchanger would cost what???I don't know but If I bought one I probably would have to do custom work to pay for it. Then you better have GPS so you can go at night, more expense.
I suppose buying a mounted 12 row sidedress unit would be cheaper, but still I like the MT 3000 using that to, more expense.
I am lowering the amount of hog manure applied per acre(2000 instead of 4000 gals) so I can cover almost all my fields. My NPK rates at 4000 gals are way to high .Manure application is not perfect and you will get streaks and missed spots every field. I am contemplating using 4o lbs urea spread in the spring on those fields. If I do that I only have to apply NH3 to one 80 acre field. Hardly worth me hooking up to the unit more or less buying one. I suppose I could apply NH3 at a low rate to all those manure fields but the ground gets pretty hard behind those 7200 gallons tanks. I tried applying behind the manure application to do a side By side test and found i had to go down a gear and could barely pull it. I don't like spring applied N in our compactable clay soils. Fall application atleast gets mother nature to bust it up some.
If I buy anything it will be my own manure hauling equipment. Custom rates are getting really high espaecially if you go more than 5 miles from home.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)