AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Speeding hay drying?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Hud Ohio
Posted 9/5/2006 08:21 (#41483 - in reply to #41351)
Subject: Wiiiilllson

SW Ohio
pronounced as only Tom hanks could (ever see Castaway?)
Personally I don't know much about councils, maybe I should learn more in time for '08.
Funny you should mention all those silage containers as I have used all of them, we have a blue tombstone that was one of the first 200 ever built, didn't start putting hay into it until 1970, liked the way the cows milked so we put up another in 74, finally got smart and sold it in 91, tried bunkers and bags, wore out an old Eberhardt bagger and half of a Agbagger, was a good way to make hay in the humideast, cut today-chop tomorrow, actually got on a rotation of cutting every 28 days rain or shine and got 5 sometimes 6 cuttings a year of real milk feed. Used to be 3000 dairy cows in my county, 25-30 bona fide dairy farms. Today with suburbia raining in the only livestock to be found here is novelty stuff---and/or horses, estimates are pushing 10,000--sooo... we make lots of idiot bricks on account of horses aren't keen on silage.
As for Ohio haymakers, I bet there are lots of us, but as for hay made for sale and not used at home it tends to be concentrated near the metro areas and suburbs, lots of small time haymakers with a few BTO's(relatively B, 200 acres of hay seems like a lot,400 is huge, average field size around here is under 25 acres, grain or hay)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)