AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LDL and heart disease - dose makes the poison?????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/5/2024 06:51 (#10609265)
Subject: LDL and heart disease - dose makes the poison?????

Pittsburg, Kansas
Dr Paul Mason with a deep dive into LDL cholesterol. Covering some of the latest science.

The real cause of atherosclerosis? Or something else?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XFFT4C1OcPY&t=52s

27 minutes long.

Dose makes the poison?????????

Edit: I have wondered about this - dose makes the poison. It sounds like our bodies are equipped to get rid of the plant sterols. He says only a very small percentage gets to our bloodstream. So maybe when we eat whole plant foods (that also conatin the plant cholesterol) the dispersed amounts in the plants along with the bodys ability to reject nearly all of them and excrete them through the feces it is in such small amounts the body can handle it. But when we take them up in concentrated vegetable oils maybe the few that do get by are too many???? I don't know. But that question comes to mind. Then add into that equasion the increase from inflammation caused by the oxidized particles maybe a recipe for disaster???? Yet it does not happen over night. Takes many years, maybe 10, 20 or 30, to finally show up as heart disease???? I don't know. Mason thinks it is a problem.

I have found him (and others, not only him) convincing enough that more than 4 years ago we got rid of all the vegetable (seed) oils in our house and don't eat anything with them in the ingredients list. I'm sure we still get a splash when we eat out and they use it on the grill with the steak or hamburger. But I am hoping the "dose makes the poison" and we are keeping our dose in our later years at a very low level.

That is my current belief. I'm not a medical doctor and don't even own a white coat. So don't listen to what I say. Do your own due diligence and research. Make your own decision.

I'm a soybean, corn and wheat farmer. It does not make me feel good to say the above, but if it is true then it is what it is. Time will tell and the truth will eventually be known, although it may take a couple more generations. Better and safer, in my opinion, to feed it to the animals then eat the animals.

Edited by John Burns 2/5/2024 07:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)