AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will spring rains come this year?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Leland
Posted 3/2/2024 14:02 (#10648383 - in reply to #10648367)
Subject: RE: Will spring rains come this year?

The first search I did just now said 375mg per 100grams but I have seen it as high as 1000mg per 100grams. 75 to 100 grams per serving. You do 5 servings of vegetables a day it gets pretty easy to see that 80 to 90% of your nitrate comes from the food you eat. It gets worse with anything that has preservatives.

I’m not just talking about infants you puckered up because I asked the question about blue baby. You are correct it is not safe to give an infant tap water regardless of nitrate content for an entire slough of reasons. If you aren’t breastfeeding meaning you are using the mother to remove contaminates you should use r/o or distilled.

I don’t disagree with you about anhydrous but I do want the whole story. I have never used anhydrous we have always done split applications sometimes as many 8 times we have found that sometimes split is better for leeching and yield and sometimes it is actually worse.

200ppm is extremely high I would love to know if those wells are close to livestock or have had heavy manure applications. I will have to look again but what the average is but I do know vast tracks of Nebraska are under 3ppm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)