AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big invoice and no work - what do you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 3/31/2024 15:14 (#10688038 - in reply to #10687691)
Subject: RE: Big invoice and no work - what do you do?

northeastern Ohio
I probably know the company you hired. If it is the one I am thinking of, they do great work, but not cheap either. Industrial Radiator.

The old saying goes something like this:

If it’s fast and good, it’s going to be expensive
If it’s good and cheap, it will require lots and lots of time
If it’s cheap and fast, the quality will be poor

My thoughts: Probably a little misunderstanding on both sides of this deal. Boss probably thought you hired tech for diagnosis and that you would finish the job now that you had the diagnosis. You told tech that YOU were going to buy the parts and the refrigerant. The tech did what you asked. He came to your farm and diagnosed. He needs to be paid for that. $400.

Now if you told him to proceed with repairs, he might have had the parts on the truck or back at the shop to make it work. If not, he could probably buy them cheaper than you. And he could do the repairs faster than you because of his experience. And if that didn't fix it, he would stand behind the diagnosis and maybe eat some of the cost because of his mistaken diagnosis.

As you stated, you wanted to buy the parts. Nothing wrong with that. But that would definitely require another trip for him to install. And what would happen if your parts were defective or wrong or didn't fix the problem?

As I stated, I have hired Industrial Radiator in the past and they have done great work for me at fair prices. I've taken a ton of stuff to their shop and sometimes they fix it on the spot if they are not busy or if I need it NOW. I've had them come to the farm and do A/C work for me too. Again, they were able to fix most stuff on the spot and way faster than I could ever do it for a fair price. Maybe you are dealing with someone else?

With all that said, I've also learned how to do my own AC repairs. Got a set of gauges and a vacuum from Harbor Freight. Stocked up on R134 back when it was easy to buy.

Again, probably just miscommunication between you and the boss. Tech might have thought you were going to finish the job and relayed the wrong info to the boss. Or he didn't write it down and couldn't remember when the boss asked him about it 2 weeks later. It happens.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)