AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cant weld worth a crap
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 3/4/2008 09:19 (#325416 - in reply to #325376)
Subject: RE: 6011 / 6013/ 7018

Kansas
Dave, I only disagree on the wire welder part. A novice can lay a better bead with a wire welder than a professional can with a stick. I've never seen it compared but that is the way it has always been explained to me by the ones in the business.

I'm surprised noone has made mention (that I read anyways) of teaching him to circle pattern or back and forth pattern to lay his bead. You don't just glob a blob then move up and blob a glob and so on and so forth.

Working at the camper plant welding light arsed sheet metal on the sides to hold the camper walls makes a pro welder out of you in a dang short period of time. They never back the heat off on the welders in those joints and you learn how to keep the better part of the bead on the heavier steel fast as well as move that stick around and not let the puddle burn through and keep your arse moving but not so fast it looks like just a topical application of steel from an outside source.

That was the last time I ever had long hair. Hanging upside down welding to the roof beams for an add on addition and caught my fricking hair on fire. Pulled a chunk of it off my shoulder and that night had it out with a pair of clippers and buzzed it all off and never went back.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)