AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cant weld worth a crap
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 3/4/2008 09:55 (#325444 - in reply to #325435)
Subject: RE: this business you speak off

Kansas
http://excelrvs.com/index.htm

I worked for them for about a short 3 months in the early part of 1998. Left on good terms but was time to get back to farming. I was one of the very few over there that enjoyed the job. Then again, I didnt' bitch about working either. Noone had to tell me what to do, I was always doing something. Started with wood making bath decks and when I had a stack of em made 8' high piled aside the jig I was back welding on the main frame, or welding up the steel tubing that held the leaf spring hangers and shock mounts. Or........sealing up a frame with silicone. Or..........punching holes in plates for the slideouts.........or..........making other parts for the parts bin on each side of the jig. Or...........Sharpening drill bits. Man, never let a place know you can freehand sharpen bits. You'll spend the whole day aside of the grinder putting your knowledge to work. All I did one entire day was sharpen bits. Noone else knew how and the company was to tight to get a drill doctor. LOL. Learned more about welding than I ever knew after 1 week on the frame jig. Hard assed? Oh man, guy across the other side was a critic. Laid down some of the pertiest beads I ever made and tell me they look like bovine fecal matter. Intense all day welding with a hard ass critic coach. I am proud to say I got pretty damn good at it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)