AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean row width discussion.....again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 7/24/2006 08:45 (#29396 - in reply to #29272)
Subject: Re: Soybean row width discussion.....again

Ron, we have a JD 6500 sprayer that has 12.4 rear tires. Like you say, they should go down a 15" row but I would like to find someone that can do it 12-14 hrs a day for several days. I tried when we first bought the sprayer but finally said the heck with it & just "drove". Found out I wasn't on the rows much more than when I was trying to stay off them.

We also planted about 120 acres of 15" corn this year. I sprayed them on 2 different days, 80 one day & 40 another. I tried my darndest to stay off the rows & felt I did a pretty good job but by the time I was done with each field my eyes felt like they were going to pop out. I found I could keep the front tires between the rows pretty easily as long as that was about all I watched but when I got to the end & looked back there would inevitably but a couple "wiggle" spots where the rears tromped some corn down.

Most of the guys with the big sprayers spray 15" corn crossways b ut that was out of the question with a 6500. If you have ever been around one you will understand what I mean. For those that haven't just let me say that when steel bolts to steel there isn't much suspension. Neighbor bought a 1 yr old 4920 w/120" booms that a BTO with 20" corn ran last year. Booms were shot & had to be replaced & and anything plastic is cracked
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)