AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deadly Crash
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ncianotiller
Posted 6/7/2023 06:48 (#10260141 - in reply to #10260068)
Subject: RE: Deadly Crash

Clearly the 17 year old at fault. However, the Nutrien employees, while probably legal, probably fostered the situation by driving too close together to allow safe passing of one truck/tank at a time.

I nearly witnessed the same situation a couple years ago hauling grain with a semi. Local Coop had two employees Edit hauling anhydrous tanks following each other traveling US 69 around 40 mph about 200 feet apart. I had to slow to their speed with loaded semi as traffic didn’t allow safe passage of both. I could have passed one safely but would have had to squeeze between tanks…..probably pushing front guy along as I couldn’t slow that fast.PATIENCE was required. 17 year old girls have no PATIENCE. I followed them for 7 miles. One car followed me the whole time. I witnessed several close calls and poor judgment of people with no PATIENCE trying to pass whatever combination of vehicles they were able. I ended up putting left turn signal on and partially moving into oncoming lane when oncoming traffic allowed just to stop the “crazies” with no PATIENCE from trying to pass a string of vehicles unsafely. Had the tanks been spread out a half mile I could have managed to pass both INDIVIDUALLY and been on my way.

Again, clearly the girls fault for unsafe passing, but I wonder if the action wasn’t unintentionally encouragied by driving too close together at a slower speed.

Edit. Coop employees were hauling anhydrous tanks as well.
Unfortunate
Sorry for loss

Edited by ncianotiller 6/7/2023 06:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)