AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much time did you take off when your wife gave birth?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

BryceH
Posted 2/13/2024 21:15 (#10622473)
Subject: How much time did you take off when your wife gave birth?

Nunn CO
Hello all,
We are about to have a set of twins in the next week or two, almost certainly a C section. Fortunately things around the farm are only moderately busy this time of year. However, we also run two grain processing plants where we clean and bag our grains. I have a few great people working with us on the farm and dad still floats around a little bit when he wants. I know its a good idea to make yourself completely replaceable in a business, however, I really have not done a great job at that.

I am trying very hard to have a few semi loads of clean grain ready to ship out ahead of time, I've reached out to many of our customers letting them know I will be a bit tied up. I've also set aside a few large shop projects that I hopefully won't need to be to involved with to keep everyone busy.

Anything else I should anticipate or plan for realistically? My wife's mother is flying into the state for a two month window to help. We also will have a night nanny a few nights week for the first month or two.

Our winters slow down a bit but I still realistically can't work much less 60 ish hours a week and I casually worry leaving my business for an extended period of time will be challenging.

Any advice appreciated.

Edit: Doctor says wife wont be able to leave bed for 7-10 days after C section and won't be able to pick up both babies for 2+ weeks.

Edited by BryceH 2/13/2024 21:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)