AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much time did you take off when your wife gave birth?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

CMN
Posted 2/14/2024 10:21 (#10623056 - in reply to #10622473)
Subject: RE: How much time did you take off when your wife gave birth?

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
32 years ago our down syndrome son was born emergency C-section. Today, we are sitting in the same hospital waiting area while he has gall bladder surgery... where did the time go.

We were farrowing pigs during our child bearing years. We had a 20 crate farrowing room full of expectant sows the day Levi was born. My dad fed the pigs twice, after that it was just me doing chores.

My wife and Levi were in the hospital for four days. She was up and about pretty much right after C-section. Levi spent much of the time in the room with her. Apparently there was little to no lifting restrictions because my wife was picking up/holding/feeding/changing Levi while they were in the hospital. At home my wife was the main child caregiver by choice, I helped when asked.

I did some cooking and most of the cleaning/laundry in my spare time for a couple weeks until I was told my services were no longer required on a full time basis...it took a couple weeks to catch up with things in the barns.

We often talk about those days and wonder how we made it all work... nowadays we're both shot after a one day/night sleepover with our 18 month old granddaughter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)