AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much time did you take off when your wife gave birth?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

r82230
Posted 2/14/2024 07:27 (#10622773 - in reply to #10622473)
Subject: RE: How much time did you take off when your wife gave birth?

Thumb of Michigan
My wife had 3 C-sections, no twins, first one was not expected, next two scheduled, but kids had their own schedule of when to appear. I was in operating room for all 3, wife was on her feet within 8 hours on delivering the first one, as nurses instructed her. The next two she knew enough to get up and moving. MIL came for the first one for one week, before wife sent her home. I was back at work next day for all three. Second, one spent five days at hospital, because he opened his mouth too soon (still does sometimes). Second one was 16 months behind number one, number three was 4 years behind number one, so wife had her hands full with two under 4 with a newborn. If she got into a 'jam' my sister would come down and give her a hand. One day in hospital for wife and kid with one and three, she got to stay for an extra two days, because of baby being in ICU, with number 2 (he stayed 5 days total), my sister took care of oldest during those 5 days, while I was at work.

Problem is this was a long time ago (back in the 80's), back when women got 6-weeks maturity leave only. My oldest turns 42 this year and I was the sole breadwinner.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)