AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dinner time 1950
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

1972RedNeck
Posted 3/18/2024 22:18 (#10670900 - in reply to #10670846)
Subject: RE: Eat fruit, don't drink it

Townsend, Montana
If you eat 10 oranges in one sitting, your bowel movements are going to be lighting fast. Probably not going to be a cause of weight gain. If anything, the opposite.

Orange juice on the other hand, is liquid sugar like you said.

I have no facts or anything to back it up, but I wonder if location determines what our "proper human diet" should be. I.E., eat what will grow in your back yard, when it will grow in your back yard.

What got me thinking about this is that our crops grown here at 4k+ feet of elevation differ in nutrient composition than those grown closer to see level. Our alfalfa has higher protein and fiber compared to energy than low land alfalfa. Wheat has higher protein with less N input. Coincidence? Or does God know what our bodies need where ever we may be and crafted plants to suit those needs?

Then as I started to learn about personal nutrition, vitamin D added to my theory. Someone living in the tropics will be able to get adequate vitamin D from the sun year round. They will also have fruits and vegetables to eat year round.

Move towards the poles, and fruits and vegetables are only available to eat when the sun is plentiful for our bodies to make vitamin D. Get into winter when we can't make enough vitamin D and the vegetable are gone so we eat meat (animal fat) that contains the vitamin D we need.

Just some rambling thoughts from the tractor cab.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)